Friday, January 19, 2007

Peace (ii)

On the way school, I suddenly remember something I should add on the previous entry. As I think the problem is about the inequality of the current world, it is additionally important not to neglect the background of the inequality. The reason for the importance is that we cannot simply accuse any parties of the responsibility. A global problem is usually complex.

I do not know how long the human history is - I am not a historian. Yet what I think about this is when most factors are interlocked, history contributes a vital part. We used to live near resources. We need food, water, land and so on. When I look at the world map, I do not know whether I am correct, yet I do think the wealthier regions are the first few areas where a more advanced culture was developed due to the accessible and previously abundant resources. The people were thereby able to live under a better environment, which they had more room to develop their intelligence. After a few centuries, their advance is hardly to be competed by the others.

When the Europeans went through the Renaissance, the history of Africa and America was almost blank (at least I have never learnt any). The later the people started, the later they moved forward - different paces of evolution.

It is true that the modern technology and improved education help pushing the general human culture. Nevertheless it does not mean we can demolish the inequality at once. Europe and China has gone through thousands of years to now. North America and Australia are able to grow so quickly because they were somehow "conquered" by the white people in Europe. As far as I know the Aboriginals are still considered as more backward and usually poorer than the white. Most people in the two continents are immigrants, even may it be a few generations earlier. Moreover, during the few millennia, there were countless wars and conflicts in these regions. The deaths and sufferings are never countable. It is not only about the two World Wars, but back to the Ancient Rome and Ancient China, the ancient civilizations. Our history is uneasy to go through.

In this way the current warfare is partly explained. It is a very subtle reason that is easily to be neglected. However we should always keep in mind that knowing the reason is to strengthen our determination to reach peace. Since some regions demonstrate successful examples of keeping peace (despite the comparatively backward and poorer China), there is always a hope and a possibility to stop wars.

*All above is just to speak out my own view. I am not writing for academy, or anything else other than my personal expression. Additionally as I did not read any essays, reports or websites related before writing this, I do not know if I have hurt any copyright. Despite being a trivial blog, it is important to respect the copyright of others, whether I acknowledge this. I would apologize if I have done wrongly.

No comments: