Thursday, July 19, 2007

Interesting cycle of destiny

Studying media globalization in Australia brought me the history of various musics, which many of them originated from Africa. Just now I read a piece of news provided by Reuters titled "Skulls confirm we're all out of Africa". In the article, "an analysis of thousands of skulls shows modern humans originated from a single point in Africa and finally lays to rest the idea of multiple origins." How interesting human destiny is. Origins of many different things, including popular culture and even our existence, though not very sure, direct to the most impoverished continent. The most advanced and developed countries are usually located at the areas developed much later. Before reading this news, I was already thinking about this destined thing.

Cite India and China as examples, their history can refer all the way back to thousand years ago. The two massive countries once occupied a glamorous part of ancient history. Despite the once advanced, rich and glorious culture, the two presently represent the less developed countries, or the third world. The countries are now notorious for dirtiness, poverty, corruption and many other bad reputations, even though they also enjoy a leap forward. The reason for such a big contrast between the past and present is ambiguous; and Africa apparently shares similar phenonmeon.

This reminds me once again of the business cycle I learnt from economic class during secondary education. Seemingly the higher level one has reached, the lower level it is pulled down. At this point I consider many economic theories are fasinating and very philosophical, although I do not know the accounts for these theories. There are endless explanations for things in the world, and so I do not believe mankind will break through to the end before the end of the human destiny. What lies on here is just an interest I want to share. I wish this could entertain you.

No comments: